MoSAiK aims at the implementation of a holistic approach to systematically integrate school practice elements as a foundation and starting point for individual competence development of future teachers in the first phase of teacher education. In detail, five different objectives can be distinguished:
1. further research and development of already existing teaching and learning arrangements that connect theory and practice
2. increased integration of school practice elements as well as interdisciplinary seminars and lectures
3. implementation of counselling programs and systematic supervision of students to support individual development
4. (further) development of concepts in the fields of diagnostics, differentiation, learning opportunities, teaching (with regard to special education), educational sciences and teaching methodology
5. transfer of research findings from the areas of educational sciences and teaching methodology into teaching study programs
This project is part of the "Qualitätsoffensive Lehrerbildung", a joint initiative of the Federal Government and the Länder which aims to improve the quality of teacher training. The programme is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (reference number 01JA1605). The authors are responsible for the content of this publication.